Sunday, January 11, 2009

Posed to Render / Ambient with wireframe




With mostly all of the assets mapped and textured my attention went on reposing the character in a more dynamic pose the render is only a test done in Edit Mesh with no smoothing at 600X800 without final gather or any enhanced settings, showing the front and back of the character. With everything set the only thing now is to apply textures and reset lighting rig for what I hope will be a nice render that should be done by this week. The polygon count is manageable but I will optimize the mesh on the body as well as the pistols and ammo for in game. Again all modeling was done in 3Ds Max the pose was done by using biped and weighting the vertices to test the mesh, then exported to Z-brush and using the transpose tool to tweak the pose and change the expression of the the character slightly. Lastly a turntable with an environment will accompany the render.

2 comments:

Grey said...

Pose looks absolutely great. Did you use the physique modifier in max? I still haven't learned how to use the biped or skinning in Max. On my ever increasing to do list.

You really should join the challenges on CGS or any of the other bulletin boards. I am sure you could get great critique there. Here, it is really only me critiqing . . .

notebookguy said...

I appreciate that I will join CGS and yes physique with a little z-brush. cross your fingers piece is almost done. Thanks